Friday, November 9, 2007

Catch up

I haven't written in ages mostly because my life is in turmoil.

After almost 13 years together, Jeff has asked for a divorce. In our case, it is a real divorce (a little more than 3 years married). I never saw this coming, although I suspected something was afoot.

As with most long-time couples, I guess things got boring between us. No one can guarantee 24/7 happiness but your partner says he's not been happy in five years, that is cold water in the face. And how does one talk to that to see if things can be worked out.

The night I arrived home from Florida, he told me he wanted the divorce. Prior to my leaving, the trip was meant to give us some time to think. I guess he was thinking a lot more than me.

He moved out in November....actually, he physically moved out in November. He really checked out a long time before then.

No comments: